November 8, 2017
Great project for people with Alzheimers. They love how the colors blend when dropped on watercolor paper.
brown and black construction paper
Dick Blick liquid watercolors
Make your own art piece first. ( It is good to have something to show reminding them along the way what they are doing).
Draw feather shapes, feet , beak and waddle on back of watercolor paper with black permanent marker
Precut turkey body
Hand out watercolor paper and have them sign their names on side of pre-drawn feathers. Flip paper over.
Drop dots from squeeze bottle of liquid watercolors red, yellow, orange, and mangenta.
Let them touch the dots with their brush and make any design they are inclined to do.
Put aside to dry.
Give each person a brown piece of construction paper.
Sign the back.
Flip over and glue turkey body on paper leaving 2 inches from bottom.
Glue googly eyes.
Take dried waterco...
November 2, 2017
VanGogh is an artist who is famous enough that some will remember his name. I like to do a project on one of his paintings because his style is so forgiving and fun.
Brown and Black/Gray construction paper
Pastels - blue, yellow, black, gray, white
Glue Elmers or Tacky
1. Cut out silhouette of foreground in black or gray paper4.
2. Draw shape of tree and church in chalk so the participants can visualize the scene better.
3. Show VanGogh's painting of Starry Night.
4. Ask questions about painting to get the participants familiar with the features of the paintingl
5. Hand out brown paper and have them put their name on back.
6. Show them the finished piece that you did. Tell them that they will do something like this but hopefully different.
7. Have them make stars all over paper with yellow pastel.
8. Next have them fill in blue around the stars.
9. Have them glue the silhouette onto the starry sky.
10. Next draw onto the black with light gray and yellow for lights i...